Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Rule

So this evening as I've been sitting here trying to get through "GnR's" Chinese Democracy I've created a new rule that I believe should be implemented and enforced throughout the music industry. This new rule will go by the official title of:

"The Two Founding/Significant Member Regulatory Measure of 2008"


The premise of this rule is as follows: In order for a band to continue to produce music under the bands name, at least two founding/significant members MUST be involved (I say significant because there are some people say, David Gilmour of Pink Floyd, who although wasn't a founding member, was clearly a significant member... The same could be said for Brian Bell of Weezer). I've come to this conclusion because honestly, Chinese Democracy ISN'T a GnR album, it's an Axel Rose solo album. I'd have much more respect for it if that was how it was positioned.

With this new rule in mind, if the members of Velvet Revolver want to change their name to Guns N' Roses, they are welcome too because they curretly have Slash, Izzy and Duff.

I really think that this rule could clear up a lot of confusion in the music industry and should be implemented imediateley.

Thanks for reading my rant :)

-Tim

No comments: